Saturday, January 9, 2010

Snowed In.....


It is Saturday and we are still snowed in....


And I am having a tough time keeping my hunger pangs in check with nothing to do or nowhere to go. I think that I am hungry, but I'm not. I read something recently in All You, ( a magazine that I have just found out about and in love with) that said when you feel the need to eat to distinguish if it is real hunger or just an emotional feeling. If you feel that you want to eat to change how you feel then that is emotional hunger. If you feel real hunger pains and a growling stomach then you need to eat. WOW! Even after dieting for a year (okay longer) I have never put it that simple. I obviously know about emotional eating but it has never been laid out like that before. Now I feel I have the power to conquer the hunger pains (that really aren't hunger pains at all).


Here is a picture of my boys enjoying the snow. The picture was taken on Friday. Almost all of the snow is gone now, but we have not been able to leave our road. At the end of the road there is a steep hill that is a solid sheet of ice. It is in the shade too so the sun cannot melt the ice away. :(

I desperately need to go grocery shopping! For dinner the menu is dried beans with a side of peanut butter. LOL! I'm not kidding!


No comments: